From the Book “A History of Faggs Manor United Presbyterian Church”
At what place the first preaching service was held by this congregation, or at what time the first house of worship was erected are matters of some uncertainty. The tradition that the first sermon was preached at Cochranville, or where the village has since grown up.
But the first house of worship was undoubtedly erected on upon the present church property. although the land upon which it stood was not purchased until 1742 when the congregation was about to rebuild, and a deed not secured until 1759.
The image is an artist conception of the log meetinghouse in which Samuel Blair preached from 1740 to 1742. William Hazlett, one of the richest early settlers of Chester County build it.