The thirst building was started the year before the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Started building in 1775 and completed in 1782, cost 600 pounds. It’s doors were painted Spanish brown and its pulpit and windows a deep blue. It stood for 70 years. It was a stone structure which stood between the current building and the parsonage.
Most of the materials upon which is was built was reused in the current (4th) building.